Chocolate protein balls, that is 😂✌🏼
The kids are on a really great schedule at the new school, forcing us to be more scheduled and organized (even more than before...shocking, I know). We have to have things like lunches packed, and after school snacks ready....we weren't SUPER prepared for this at first. #thanksgoldfish (seriously, though. goldfish fixes #allthethings)
One of my favorite products Young Living introduced in 2016 was their protein powder. Vanilla Spice and Chocolate Deluxe-- 5 kinds of protein (whey, goat whey, pea, egg white, and hemp seed), only 9g of sugar per serving (2 large scoops), and FREAKING 25g of protein. ALSO, it's quite literally the only protein powder I've ever tried (and omg have I tried A MILLION) that doesn't have ONE. BIT. of an aftertaste.
We've always made the kids smoothies with the protein (they love both vanilla and chocolate), but it's such a freakin mess, y'all. There's NO QUESTION someone will always spill it EVERYWHERE. I've always been interested in easy "no-bake" things, because let's face it....
I DON'T COOK. It aint happenin.
Brandon came up with this recipe and it's our go-to after school snack! (also, I could eat 1,000...)
+ 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
+ 1/2 cup YL chocolate deluxe protein powder
+ 1/2 tsp cinnamon
+ 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)
+ 3 T natural honey
+ 1 tsp vanilla extract
+ 1/3 cup chocolate chips
+ 2-4 T coconut milk
+ 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
(chia seeds optional, too, but we ran out...)
- Add oats, protein powder, and cinnamon to a large bowl.
- Add in peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add in chocolate chips. Mixture should be slightly sticky but still crumbly.
- Slowly add in coconut milk 1 tablespoon at a time and using hands (get yo hands dirty!) combine until it comes together in a sticky ball that holds together. If mixture is too dry, add in more liquid but not so much that it won't hold shape.
- Roll into balls using hands.
- Place in a container to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat.
SO EASY. Legit, 10 mins.
AND SO DELICIOUS.